Info Directories :
Other Sections :
Services on WoW Site,
The Incomplete Guides,
A recipe for the time of year. Makes two 2 pint puddings or equivalent.
- 8 oz suet
- 6 oz self raising flour
- 4 oz breadcrumbs
- pinch of salt
- 6 oz soft dark brown sugar
- 2 oz ground almonds
- 8 oz currants
- 6 oz sultanas
- 6 oz small seedless raisins
- 4 oz finely chopped or grated bramley apple
- 2 oz blanched, skinned and chopped almonds (optional)
- 2 oz mixed peel (optional)
- 1/2 level teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 rounded teaspoon spice
- 1/2 rounded teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 teaspoon almond essence
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 4 or 5 large eggs
- 2 capfulls of rum
Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Line the bases of plastic pudding basins with greased foil, put in the mixture and cover with pleated foil tied on with string.
Steam for at least 4 hours then remove the foil lid and allow to cool. Watch your fingers taking the foil lid off
it will be hot. When cool cover with the plastic basin lids and store in the fridge.
When needed steam again for at least 2 hours.
For left over Christmas Pudding, slice it and fry in butter for Boxing Day breakfast !
Top of this Page
Top of this Web Site
Last updated by : Andy Jackson on 08/12/13
Produced by The Jackson Family Limited
© Copyright TJF Limited